BROOKE COUNTY, W.Va. (WTRF) – The Brooke County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an alleged domestic violence incident that left a female victim hospitalized with severe injuries.
Authorities say a female flagged down traffic near Market Street Bridge in Follansbee around 4 a.m. on Thursday.
Upon arrival, deputies found the victim with a bloody head and face.
According to the victim, her boyfriend allegedly punched her in the face and smashed her head into the dashboard. She asked him to stop but he refused.
Her boyfriend then proceeded to push her out of the car while traveling at a high rate of speed.
The victim was flown to a Pittsburgh-area hospital due to the severity of her injuries. Names of the victim nor male individual has been released at this time.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Alexa’s Late Night Weather Update
- Mountain State senators sending big money to ‘Overdose Data to Action’ helping fight drug epidemic
- Wheeling copies Martinsburg drug house abatement program, hoping to cleanup town
- Annual ‘Stuff The Bus’ moves location, continuing to collect school supplies for community
- Bethany College warns returning students to pack COVID emergency bag