BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) - Two men were arrested Tuesday after a K-9 unit searched their vehicle at a traffic stop, the Belmont County Sheriff's Office said.
Scott Beveridge, 33, was pulled over on I-70 while heading eastbound. Dermial Mills, 34, was in the passenger seat of the vehicle, and was currently out on bond in Belmont County for a prior drug-related offense.
While at the traffic stop, Belmont County deputies deployed a K-9 unit for a vehicle sniff, and discovered 180 grams of cocaine, as well as multiple cell phones.
According to the Sheriff's office, the street value of the drugs seized is approximately $20,000.
Both men were taken to Belmont County Jail, and will face felony charges of possession of and trafficking in cocaine.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- After rescue, Thai soccer boys pray for fortune at temple
- Japan records trade surplus in June despite US tariffs
- Police return from days off, vacation to hunt for cop killer
- 1 dead as latest fire portends explosive Northwest season