The Ohio County Grand Jury has indicted 27 people with charges ranging from shoplifting to attempted murder.
The most serious charges returned are against Shane Parr, 28, of Martins Ferry.
He has been charged with attempted murder and malicious assault.
Another notable indictment was against 23-year-old Treyvon Montgomery of Wheeling.
Montgomery has been indicted on six felonies including wanton endangerment, burglary, malicious assault, and robbery.
Several men have been indicted on charges ranging from failure to register as a sex offender to sexual abuse and assault.
Some of the more serious felonies include Robert Leonard, 29, of Wheeling, who has been indicted on sexual abuse in the first degree and sexual abuse by a custodian.
Michael Newell, 33, of Oklahoma has been indicted on those same charges.
Rodney Guthrie Jr., 27, of Wheeling has been indicted on seducing a minor and sexual assault in the third degree.
- Robert Frank Baldwin III, 56, of Wheeling indicted for failure to register as a sex offender
- James Allen Hunter, 45, of Wheeling indicted for failure to register as a sex offender, second offense
- Kenneth Edward Wallace, 53, of Wheeling indicted for failure to register as a sex offender
Below is a list of the remaining people indicted:
- Dustin Russell Smithers, 40, of Wheeling indicted for domestic violence, third offense, and violation of a probation condition
- Candice Marie Custer-Starcher, 47, of Wheeling indicted for child neglect resulting in injury
- Todd Michael Manning, 36, of Wheeling indicted for malicious assault
- Adam Richard Caldwell, 34, of Wheeling indicted for domestic violence, third or subsequent offense, and battery on a government representative, second offense
- Thomas James Conner, 36, of Wheeling indicted for domestic battery and strangulation
- Damon Nicholas Moore, 40, of Bridgeport, indicted for attempting to disarm an officer and malicious assault on an officer
- Eduardo Alvendia, 35, of Wheeling indicted for robbery in the second degree and conspiracy
- Aaron Ralph Haseltine, 35, of Wheeling indicted for bank robbery
- Kemaun Marquis Bourne, 24, of Campbell Ohio indicted for wanton endangerment involving a firearm and person prohibited from possessing a firearm
- Dustin Michael Freeman, 30, of Dillonvale indicted for burglary
- Dontrell Lekeith Ivery, 40, of Cleveland indicted for failure to appear after being convicted of a felony offense, and escape from confinement for a felony conviction
- Corey Natashe Cockerham, 44, of Wheeling indicted for shoplifting, third offense
- Erica Charlene Shaffer, 20, of Wheeling indicted for possession with intent to deliver cocaine, conspiracy, possession with intent to deliver heroin, transportation with intent to deliver heroin into this state, and delivery of a schedule II controlled substance — cocaine
The names of other individuals indicted by the Grand Jury will be released upon arrest.
All 27 will be required to go before Judge Mazzone or Judge Simms on docket day on May 24th starting at 9 a.m.