BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) – The driver has been arrested after an accident on I-470 on Monday afternoon where a body was discovered at the scene.
Authorities in Belmont County say 36-year-old David Allen Saunders was ejected from a car when it veered off the road and hit a sign near Exit 214.
First, officials believed he died as a result of the accident, but then learned that wasn’t the case.
Saunders was reported missing on Monday to St. Clairsville police.
The warrant states that after a coroner examination of the passenger, Saunders, had been dead for several hours or longer.
Cause of death is unknown at this time.
The warrant also says Polen was presumably under the influence of drugs at the crash.
Polen remains in the Northern Regional Jail without bond.
This is a developing story, so stay with 7News for any updates.
- Cameron Wins Overtime Thriller In Season Opener
- West Virginia Supreme Court Justice Haley Bunn running for reelection to keep her seat
- Hilltoppers Conclude 2023 in First Round of NCAA Tournament
- Upgraded ballistic vests approved for Jefferson County Special Response Team
- Local Ohio city ranked in top 15 best cities to retire in on a budget