HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) – A former janitor at a West Virginia elementary school has been sentenced to at least 35 years in prison for sexually assaulting an 11-year-old girl.
The Herald-Dispatch reports 53-year-old Alvie Junior Napier of Huntington received the maximum possible sentence Tuesday in Cabell County Circuit Court.
A judge cited Napier’s lack of remorse in sentencing him to serve 25 to 100 years for sexual abuse by a parent/custodian and 10 years for first-degree sexual assault.
The sentences will be served consecutively. Prior to his arrest, Napier was a custodian at West Teays Elementary School in Hurricane.
According to a criminal complaint, the abuse occurred in 2014 in Culloden.
- Roblox plans to address sexual content on youth gaming platform
- Freeze Watch Early Thursday Morning For The Ohio Valley
- WATCH LIVE The Verdict Of Derek Chauvin: George Floyd Case Live Stream
- Ohio Police arrest man trespassing, claiming to be an angel ridding the house of demons
- Alarmed By ‘Tiger King,’ Bill Made To Ban Owning Big Cats