CINCINNATI (AP) – A Kentucky man accused of punching a protester outside an Ohio rally for President Donald Trump has been found guilty.
A jury convicted 30-year-old Dallas Frazier Thursday of misdemeanor assault for hitting Michael Alter outside the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati in August.Prosecutors said Frazier jumped out of his vehicle near a group of protesters and shouted, “You want some,” before repeatedly punching the 61-year-old protester in the face.
Frazier’s attorneys argued it wasn’t an assault and that Alter instigated the confrontation by taunting Frazier and making a “come on” gesture.
Alter required eye surgery as a result of the attack. Sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 17.
- Man charged with abuse of a corpse faced an extradition hearing this morning.
- Zach’s Thursday Noon Update
- Army veteran says he was fired for refusing to remove BLM mask: ‘There’s nothing political about it’
- WATCH: Big Game Bound Week 4: Titans vs. Steelers postponed
- Ohio killer alleging racism-tainted jury seeks new trial