BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) — A man who has fathered 15 children with 14 women is now headed to prison for punching his girlfriend in the stomach while she was nine months pregnant with their baby.
Jeffrey Spencer received a sentence of 14 to 30 years on Friday. The 41-year-old Bethlehem man was convicted on several charges stemming from the August 2018 attack, including aggravated assault and three counts of intimidating a witness.
Authorities say Spencer repeatedly called the victim from prison and asked her to say she hit herself. They say he also repeatedly told her to lie on the witness stand, but she ignored his requests.
Spencer maintains his innocence, claiming there’s no evidence he hit the woman. He said his lawyers botched the case.
The woman gave birth to a healthy child.
- Vanessa Guillen murder raises questions about how female service members are treated
- Number of COVID-19 Cases in Ohio County Spiked
- ‘US needs more testing to confront COVID outbreak’
- Tips That Could Keep You Safe in Swimming Pools
- Coronairus in Ohio County: 10 new cases Friday; 20 in 24 hours