TORONTO, Ohio (WTRF) - Three Toronto residents are under arrest and five others are still wanted by police after multiple drug busts in the area.
Officials say the eight suspects face various charges including trafficking drugs, possession of meth, possession of cocaine, endangering children, and more.
Officers say the bust is the result of a three month undercover investigation where police made controlled buys.
Below is a list of those arrested and those still wanted, according to a post of the Toronto Ohio Police Department's page:
- Jason Waggonger, 35, trafficking in drugs (meth)
- Melissa Orison, 45, trafficking in drugs (subutex)
- Sarah Lawson, 29, trafficking in drugs (suboxone) within 1000 feet of a school
- Jennifer Norris, 41, trafficking in drugs (crack cocaine) within 1000 feet of a school)
- Amber Giles, 26, trafficking in drugs (subutex) and endangering children
- Michael Nemmeth, 37, possession of crack cocaine
- Thomas (Booth) Piatt III, 444, trafficking in drugs (suboxone) within 1000 feet of a school
- William Staffilino, 35, trafficking in drugs (crack cocaine) within 1000 feet of a school
The Toronto Police Department, along with the Jefferson County Drug Task Force and Mingo Police Department were all on scene.
They say they're thankful for the community's help in giving tips.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Retailers aim to pick up business from defunct, dying rivals
- Poland moves to reinstate retired judges to Supreme Court
- Facebook appeals its UK fine in Cambridge Analytica scandal
- British, EU leaders meet as Brexit deadline looms