WELLSBURG, W.Va. (WTRF) – Brooke County Schools have announced the closing of Brooke County Middle School on Friday, December 12.
According to the press release, the closing is due to a large number of faculty and students affected by illness.
All 261 employees will still need to report.
The custodial and maintenance staff will continue to disinfect and sanitize the entire school area.
There have been five confirmed cases of influenza in the Northern Panhandle, and doctors report seeing patients with bonchitis, pneumonia, sinusitis, stomach virus and influenza B.
- ‘You’re holding half-a-million bucks!’ NFL auctions bring legendary memorabilia onto Big Game Bound
- Linsly’s Marshall Taylor, Athlete of the Week
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast
- Barry Sanders on career without Super Bowl, Mahomes ‘lighting the league up’
- Free seminar prepares families for senior living