WOODSDALE, W.Va. (WTRF) – Some of the area’s brightest students partook in Woodsdale Elementary’s annual spelling bee on Tuesday.
The contest went 24 rounds and 7News own Reporter D.K. Wright was the pronouncer.
Judges included Wheeling Police Chief Shawn Schwertfeger and Wheeling Public Information Officer Philip Stahl.
Audrey Peniman and Tristan Swain took first place and runner up, respectively. Both students will advance to the Ohio County Schools spelling bee.
- WVU snags running back recruit Johnson
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- “Walk to End Alzheimer’s” goes on even in Pandemic
- ‘Pumpkins are like people’: Ohio Valley farmer chimes in on picking the perfect one