Local teachers and parents now know when they will be able to let their voices be heard when it comes to education in the Mountain State.
The West Virginia Department of Education has released the dates for several open forums that will happen across the state before the upcoming special session of the Legislature.
One of those forums will be held at Wheeling Park High School on April 2 at 6:00 p.m.
According to the WVDE, each forum will begin with a short presentation followed by round table discussions in groups that will seek input on “core issues” with education.
These forums are being held so your lawmakers know what you want to see happen before they head back to Charleston for that special session.
Other dates for the education forums include:
- March 18 – Cabell Midland High School, Ona
- March 19 – Mount View High School, Welch
- March 20 – Capital High School, Charleston
- March 21 – Woodrow Wilson High School, Beckley
- April 1 – Robert C. Byrd High School, Clarksburg
- April 3 – Berkeley Spring High School – Berkeley Springs
For more information or to fill out an online survey if you can’t make the meetings, visit wvde.us.