OHIO COUNTY, W.Va. (WTRF) — There’s no one more vulnerable to this virus than the elderly.
It has made it so tough on nursing home administrators and care givers who work tirelessly to keep their patients safe.
Staff members are under enormous pressure to make sure they are wearing all necessary PPE, as well as frequently washing their hands and changing gowns.
Testing is going on non-stop. Good Shepherd Nursing Home in Ohio County is currently testing both staff and residents two times per week. Nursing home officials say that presents a challenge to their nursing staff, but one they are able to meet.
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Ohio County is now “orange” on the WV DHHR map
- Caught on video: Woman hitches ride on semitrailer truck in Arkansas