COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio Republican Gov. Mike DeWine has found himself on the receiving end of criticism by President Donald Trump and praise by President-Elect Joe Biden.
President Trump on Monday appeared to suggest in a tweet that DeWine needed a primary challenger.
The president’s tweet came a day after DeWine said the president should begin a transition to Biden.
Later Monday, Biden gave a shout-out to DeWine as a leader among conservative Republicans for his proactive efforts to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
Gov.DeWine, a co-chair of Trump’s re-election campaign in Ohio, said in a statement he looked forward to running a winning campaign in 2020.
- Lawmaker under fire for saying moms should stay home
- Lenz Breaks Record to Lead Final Night at Big 12s
- Target, Costco among big retailers keeping mask mandate in Texas
- ‘Neanderthal thinking,’ Biden says of ending state mask mandates in Texas, Mississippi
- “Better Get You’re Coathangers Ready Liberals” Ex-West Virginia Councilman Charged In Capitol Insurrection