TAMPA, Fl. (WFLA) — Five University of Tampa students are recovering after testing positive for COVID-19 during spring break, the school said.
The university said the students were traveling together and with other UT students during spring break before testing positive. The school didn’t say where they went during their break or if they lived on or off campus.
The school did send its well wishes.
“We sincerely wish our students, and any others who may be affected, a full and rapid recovery,” UT posted on Twitter Saturday night.
The university switched to online classes only on March 17.
- Summer program opens up during pandemic to get kids off the couch and into the Wild, Wonderful
- Unemployment benefits set to expire in Ohio; Senator airs concerns
- Near 100 cars glisten at Heritage Port for 17th annual car show
- Museum: ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ car with Confederate flag to stay
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 57,151 cases, 2,911 deaths