WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – It is a much-anticipated event in the Friendly City, but regretfully, the Wheeling Vintage Raceboat Regatta committee has announced the cancellation of their 15th annual event.
The Regatta relies on their sponsors and with local businesses having to close doors due to the coronavirus, organizers were unsure if they could effectively schedule this year’s event.
But their biggest concern was keeping their spectators, boaters and volunteers safe.
Out of an abundance of cautious for everybody’s safety, it was the decision we had to make.Debbie Joseph, Co-Director – Wheeling Vintage Raceboat Regatta
Donations to Easter Seals this year was predicted to surpass the $100,000-mark. Organizers will now have more than a year for planning so they can meet this goal.
- Man arrested after allegedly firing shotgun at victim’s vehicle in Clarksburg ‘road rage’ incident
- Biden: US to cut 50% of greenhouse gas emissions by 2030
- 40 finches found concealed in hair rollers inside man’s luggage at JFK Airport
- WVU locks Neal Brown in with contract extension through 2026
- Randel Russell steps up to Ohio County Administrator