HANCOCK COUNTY, W.Va. (WTRF) – The Hancock County Health Department has received the first confirmed case of COVID-19.
New Cumberland, West Virginia- Hancock County Health Department has received confirmation of a positive Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 in Hancock County.
The Health Department will not be releasing any additional demographic information relating to this new case to protect the privacy of the individual during this time of illness.
Hancock County Health Department and local health care staff are working to identify any potential persons who may have had close contact with the individual, including family members, friends, and health care professionals.
The contacts will be notified of the actions to take including the need for isolation or quarantine.
It is expected as this disease will continue to spread.
The Department says if we can limit community exposure to the disease, as difficult as it may be, we can make a tremendous impact on reducing the number of cases and lives put at extreme risk or even loss.
To be clear the department says these strategies include: Stay at Home! Wash hands often and for 20 seconds. Clean surfaces frequently with disinfectant. Social distancing when needed to be out.
- Positive COVID-19 cases reaches 10 in Ohio County
- Jefferson County Health Department announces five new postive COVID-19 coronavirus cases
- West Virginia couple on the mend from coronavirus
- Wheeling Hospital eliminates strep throat, flu testing at off-site center
- WV Gov. Justice closes state park campgrounds; orders travelers from high-risk areas to quarantine