Charleston, W.Va. (WTRF)- West Virginia Governor, Jim Justice, held an emergency meeting yesterday with his advisors to discuss the potential adjustments to the color-coded county advisory map.
Gov. Justice is thinking about adding the color ‘gold’ to the map, which will be placed in between yellow and orange.
Under gold, counties will be allowed to have in-person instruction and extra-curricular activities.
The meeting, which included leaders from the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, West Virginia Department of Education, West Virginia National Guard, West Virginia Secondary School Activities Commission, Coronavirus Czar Dr. Clay Marsh, and other members of the Governor’s staff, went on well into the evening as experts discussed a multitude of possibilities.
Gov. Justice said during his briefing Monday that he would give a response to the meeting Monday night but later announced he would have a briefing this morning at 11 AM.
- Traffic delays expected in Wheeling starting today for paving and maintenance
- Zach’s Monday Noon Update
- WATCH LIVE Coronavirus In West Virginia: Gov. Justice holds a 12:30 PM press briefing on COVID-19 coronavirus update
- Jury finds white nationalist guilty of rape threat
- GM will have to pay back millions in tax credits after closing Lordstown plant