COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio’s Senate Finance Chairman says an aid package for small businesses and people struggling to pay rent during the coronavirus pandemic is coming soon.
Sen. Matthew Dolan is a Republican from near Cleveland.
He said Wednesday the goal is to provide the money as quickly as possible to those in need. GOP Gov. Mike DeWine and lawmakers are jointly working on a plan which would also provide assistance for companies with difficulty making mortgage payments.
The aid comes as claims for unemployment have ticked upward in recent days after weeks of falling from the record highs early in the pandemic.
- Belmont County Health Dept. reports latest COVID-19 case numbers
- No. 6 WVU women’s soccer hosts No. 11 Kansas for annual Pink Match
- Saturday DHHR County Alert Map will decide Trick or Treat in Marshall County
- COVID-19 outbreak in one nursing home is “alarming” to health department officials
- Wheeling police seeking information on destruction of property case