ALBEMARLE, N.C. (WIVB) – A 31-year-old North Carolina man is facing felony charges for falsely saying he has coronavirus.
In a Facebook live video that’s been viewed more than 500,000 times on YouTube, Justin M. Rhodes is seen walking through Walmart saying that he “definitely tested positive” for COVID-19 and showing very little regard for those around him touching items and saying “If I got it, you all got it”.
Police collaborated with local health officials and discovered Rhodes did not have coronavirus. He was arrested for Felony Perpetrating a hoax in a Public Building and Disorderly Conduct.
Rhodes is scheduled to appear in court on March 30.
- Colorado girl who pioneered medical marijuana for seizures dies following battle with coronavirus
- Coronavirus In Ohio County: New positive COVID-19 Coronavirus case reported in Ohio County
- Coronavirus In West Virginia: WV DHHR confirms 50 new COVID-19 coronavirus cases; 462 total
- Middle Creek Road closed after tractor-trailer crashes
- Coronavirus In West Virginia: Gov. Justice holds a 1 PM news conference on COVID-19 coronavirus update