ALBEMARLE, N.C. (WIVB) – A 31-year-old North Carolina man is facing felony charges for falsely saying he has coronavirus.
In a Facebook live video that’s been viewed more than 500,000 times on YouTube, Justin M. Rhodes is seen walking through Walmart saying that he “definitely tested positive” for COVID-19 and showing very little regard for those around him touching items and saying “If I got it, you all got it”.
Police collaborated with local health officials and discovered Rhodes did not have coronavirus. He was arrested for Felony Perpetrating a hoax in a Public Building and Disorderly Conduct.
Rhodes is scheduled to appear in court on March 30.
- Above average temperatures return to the Ohio Valley
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- Shadyside’s Jake Visnic, Athlete Of The Week
- Donald Trump, Jr. coming to Steubenville for Make America Great Again! Rally on Thursday
- ‘People don’t want to eat outside’: Langevin concerned for restaurant industry as winter approaches