HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania’s coronavirus death toll has risen by one.
The Allegheny County Health Department confirmed the death on Saturday but did not release details, other than to say the victim was an adult who had been hospitalized.
Nearly 270 coronavirus cases and two deaths have been reported in Pennsylvania.
Lawyers for Gov. Tom Wolf, meanwhile, are asking a court to toss two lawsuits challenging his authority to shutter “non-life-sustaining” Pennsylvania businesses. The legal filing declared that unprecedented action is needed to combat a global pandemic they called “perhaps the biggest catastrophe of our lifetimes.”
- Zach’s Thursday Noon Update
- Army veteran says he was fired for refusing to remove BLM mask: ‘There’s nothing political about it’
- Big Game Bound Week 4: Titans vs. Steelers postponed
- Ohio killer alleging racism-tainted jury seeks new trial
- Newsfeed Now: Burn victim goes viral on TikTok; Sonic employees go over & beyond for 7-year-old in Arkansas