HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania has reported its first death from the new coronavirus.
The state Department of Health identified the victim as an adult from Northampton County and said the adult was treated at a hospital.
Officials did not immediately release additional details Wednesday. State officials announced a nearly 40% jump in the number of confirmed cases. Meanwhile, Penn State University is canceling in-person classes for the rest of the spring semester, citing the coronavirus pandemic.
- Residents at Elmhurst House of Friendship adjusting to new ‘normal’
- Ohio’s U.S. Senators discuss what they’re doing in response to COVID-19
- Church working to shift Ohio Valley’s focus from fear to faith
- Bill proposed provides protection for student veterans
- Kroger announces more than 1,500 immediate job openings