CHARLESTON, WV (WTRF) – – West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice is closing all campgrounds in state parks as of Monday, March 30 along with parks that draw large crowds.
The scenic overlooks at Blackwater Falls State Park and Coopers Rock State Forest also will be closed until further notice.
He also issued an executive order for people coming from high-risk areas (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut) to quarantine for 14 days.
The governor directed West Virginia State Police to monitor the situation.
Justice also declared Monday, March 30, ‘National Doctor’s Day’ in West Virginia in accordance with the National Doctor’s Day to show appreciation for health care workers.
We need to absolutely appreciate the health care community in every way.Gov. Jim Justice (R-WV)
He also says it’s important to keep healthcare workers safe and healthy while treating coronavirus patients.
- A white woman has apologized after calling police on a black man: ‘There’s an African American man threatening my life’
- What you need to know today about the virus outbreak
- Coronavirus in Ohio Tuesday update: 33,006 cases, 2,002 deaths reported
- Belmont County cracker decision postponed due to COVID 19
- Emily’s Noon weather update