CANFIELD, Ohio (WKBN) – A Chicago man accused of having nude photos of a teen girl from Canfield went before a judge Friday.
Bond was set at $35,000 for 19-year-old Rayan Hussain.
Hussain is charged with disseminating matter harmful to juveniles, pandering obscenity and illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material.
Nude photos of the girl were found on Hussain’s phone, according to police.
Judge Molly Johnson set bail $11,000 higher than usual, saying she is concerned that Hussain may be a flight risk.
“I do have concerns because of the severity of the charges, but more importantly, because you don’t have any ties to the area, and I do have concerns that you may be incentivized to leave town and not make your future court dates,” Johnson said.
Hussain told the judge he has a brother in Chicago and that he does not have a job. He said he is a student at “Harper” [College in Illinois] and needs a court-appointed attorney.
Police say they found two passports and a $13,000 check in Hussain’s vehicle. He told the judge he is in the country on a visa from Saudi Arabia.
He will be back in court January 3.
- House approves bill to make lynching a federal crime
- Grandfather charged in granddaughter’s cruise ship death accepts plea deal
- Court: Not paying child support can block adoption protest
- CDC recommends men shave their beards to protect against coronavirus
- Facebook cracking down on ads that guarantee coronavirus cure