WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Students, parents and community members from Saint Michael Parish School gathered Friday for the ninth annual buddy walk.
The walk was held at Wheeling University where hundreds of people flocked to the track to complete the walk and participate in the largest fundraiser for Saint Michael.
This year, the fundraiser brought in more than $43,000 to help enhance the school’s academic and technology programs, making it the largest Angel Walk yet!
All of the money goes to anything we need for school whether it’s books, technology or the ever-changing programs we try to keep up with. And, as you know, as a catholic school, we need all the money we can get.Kim Burge, interim Principal of St. Michael Parish School
Participants walked from 9:30-11 a.m. and finished the day with door prizes and food.
- Protest in downtown Columbus broken up after demonstrators breach Ohio Statehouse
- Minneapolis police station torched, other buildings burn amid George Floyd protest
- Emily’s Friday a.m. forecast
- Some sun, but storms return this afternoon
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order