WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Chief Shawn Schwertfeger of the Wheeling Police Department has released a statement regarding the rumored protest in Wheeling.
Although the rumored protest did not take place, the department was aware of possible agitators and the chief reiterated that his officers ‘were and remain prepared.’
Chief Schwertfeger applauded the peaceful protest on Sunday and offered support to any lawful protests moving forward.
Take a look at the full statement below:
Additional comments from Chief Schwertfeger on 7News at 10pm & 11pm
- Belmont County Health Department reports latest COVID-19 update
- Pres. Trump, Biden to hold campaign events in battleground states
- Nashville mom, stepson charged in killing of 14-year-old boy with autism
- Biden campaign launches ‘TrumpCovidPlan.com’ — a site that reads ‘Not Found’
- Here’s why Biden and Trump are laser focused on fracking