CHARLESTON, W.Va (WTRF) – City of Weirton officials, along with Frontier Group of Companies Chief Operating Officer, Robert Zuchlewski, recently met with state leaders to discuss the Frontier Crossing Development.
Weirton is excited about the partnership and in making Frontier Crossing a reality.Harold E. Miller, Mayor – City of Weirton
State leaders included West Virginia Department of Transportation Secretary Byrd White, WVDOT Chief State Highway Engineer Jimmy Wriston, WV Commerce Secretary Ed Gaunch, WV Development Office Director Michael Graney and several others.
Frontier acquired 1,300 arces of the former Weirton Steel and ArcelorMittal factory properties in 2017.
With $80 million already invested into the property, Frontier intends to launch new manufacturing, industrial and commercial development, which would create more than 3,000 jobs in the area.
All parties plan to meet again in the near future.
- Foggy start with dry Monday ahead
- Tonawanda community shaken after two people die in a crash involving six cars
- Linsly gets past Central in the state semifinal game
- Linsly falls in State Championship
- 2-time Daytona 500 champ Johnson ready for one final ride