UPDATE 7:01 PM- Cables damaged by high winds from last week’s storm may be affecting wireline service for some customers in the St. Clairsville/Glencoe area. Our technicians are on-site to repair the damage and restore service as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
GLENCOE, Ohio (WTRF) – There is a growing concern among Glencoe residents regarding poor telephone service in the area.
AT&T customers, David and Angela Gordon, say they have been without home phone and cell phone services for the last nine days.
However, the couple isn’t the only residents concerned about being “off the grid” in case of an emergency.
We have no cell phone service here — no way to get a hold of police, fire personnel or anybody. It’s a problem that needs to be addressed and it’s needed to be addressed for a long time.Gary Rebecca, Glencoe resident
I have a pacemaker defibrillator and the machine works off of the telephone. I don’t know what would happen if something happened to me. We have no telephone or cell phone service.Karen Rebecca, Glencoe resident
7News reached out to AT&T for comment but we have not received a response as of now.
- VIDEO: Carey credits players after earning second seed with K-State win
- WVU women’s hoops solidifies 2-seed after defeating Kansas State
- East Ohio Regional Hospital reopens Outpatient Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Services
- President Biden’s COVID aid package meets divided Senate
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast