WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Southwestern Energy has partnered up Variety and its ‘My Bike Program’ to award five area children with life-changing equipment.
The program provides kids with adaptive bicycles that is tailored to their needs.
Due to success from the My Bike Program, Variety has expanded with adaptive strollers in the ‘My Stroller Program’ and ‘My Voice Program.’
Physical and occupational therapists have decided what’s going to work for this child, and then, as you will see today, ‘boom,’ they’re riding! So, they have gone to sitting on the sidelines to riding.Charles LaVallee, CEO of Variety, the Children’s Charity
Since launching the ‘My Bike Program’ in November 2012, Variety has provided 3,000 adaptive bicycles to kids.
- Pennsylvania man accused of exchanging nude photos, having sex with teenage boy in WV
- Back and forth over mask mandate continues between WV’s governor and attorney general
- ‘Jeopardy!’ to resume production Nov. 30 with Ken Jennings as first in ‘series of interim guest hosts’
- President Trump won 3.1M votes in Ohio, a new state record
- WVa hits new virus records as leaders resist new measures