WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Southwestern Energy has partnered up Variety and its ‘My Bike Program’ to award five area children with life-changing equipment.
The program provides kids with adaptive bicycles that is tailored to their needs.
Due to success from the My Bike Program, Variety has expanded with adaptive strollers in the ‘My Stroller Program’ and ‘My Voice Program.’
Physical and occupational therapists have decided what’s going to work for this child, and then, as you will see today, ‘boom,’ they’re riding! So, they have gone to sitting on the sidelines to riding.Charles LaVallee, CEO of Variety, the Children’s Charity
Since launching the ‘My Bike Program’ in November 2012, Variety has provided 3,000 adaptive bicycles to kids.
- Family pleads with Carle Hospital to keep young, unvaccinated mother on life support
- Air Evac in Wetzel County closing immediately
- Police investigating a WVU party at former West Virginia Governor candidates house
- Ohio University mandates new online hazing prevention training for all students, faculty and staff
- Dog the Bounty Hunter receives tip to search a Florida campsite for Brian Laundrie