WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Southwestern Energy has partnered up Variety and its ‘My Bike Program’ to award five area children with life-changing equipment.
The program provides kids with adaptive bicycles that is tailored to their needs.
Due to success from the My Bike Program, Variety has expanded with adaptive strollers in the ‘My Stroller Program’ and ‘My Voice Program.’
Physical and occupational therapists have decided what’s going to work for this child, and then, as you will see today, ‘boom,’ they’re riding! So, they have gone to sitting on the sidelines to riding.Charles LaVallee, CEO of Variety, the Children’s Charity
Since launching the ‘My Bike Program’ in November 2012, Variety has provided 3,000 adaptive bicycles to kids.
- Home game vs. Baylor set for noon kick
- WATCH LIVE Coronavirus In West Virginia: Gov. Justice holds a 12:30 PM press briefing on COVID-19 coronavirus update
- Free Covid-19 testing in Ohio County today
- Zach’s Monday Noon Update
- Belmont County commissioners may reopen some senior centers by late Oct.