WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) — A dedication is taking place Saturday morning for the Wheeling WV Gold Star Families Memorial Monument at Heritage Port.
West Virginia native, Hershel “Woody” Williams will also partake in the dedication.
Williams is also the remaining Medal of Honor recipient for the Battle of Iwo Jima during World War II.
Vice Mayor, Chad Thelman, Marine Veteran, John Nanny, chairman of the Hershel “Woody” Williams Scholarship Foundation and Gold Star Families will attend the ceremony.
The dedication is scheduled to take place at 11 a.m.
- Target to close some stores amid protests
- Massive US protests raise fears of new virus outbreaks
- Police make nearly 1,400 arrests as protests continue
- Alexa’s Late Night Weather Update
- Unlawful assembly and curfew declared in Pittsburgh after protests