NEW CUMBERLAND, W.Va. (WTRF) – Hancock County Sheriff’s Department is making residents aware of a phone scam.
According to authorities, citizens have received calls about warrants for “failure to appear” and other charges filed against them.
Victims of the scam were told to meet at local businesses to resolve the matter.
Officials affirm that the calls are a scam and law enforcement is not making random calls to residents in this matter.
- Dr. Fauci warns U.S. could see over 100,000 coronavirus-related deaths
- Checkpoints set up along Florida-Alabama border to keep COVID-19 from spreading in the sunshine state
- Ohio couple gets married via live stream after canceling wedding due to coronavirus
- WV DNR offers education on Eastern Box Turtles
- Trump working with Ohio gov. to get FDA approval on expansion of mask sterilization technology