WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Firefighters were dispatched to a house fire at 515 Warwood Avenue around 11 p.m. on Friday.
Upon arriving on scene, first responders noticed the home was fully engulfed in flames and quickly spreading to neighboring homes. This prompted a second alarm and additional firefighters, both on and off duty, were called onto the scene.
The blaze was fully under control around 2 a.m. Saturday after an aggresive exterior attack by first responders.
Two homes sustained heavy damage from the fire and a third residence suffered exterior damage. Firefighters did prevent the blaze from spreading to a multi-story apartment building.
Warwood Avenue/State Route 2 was closed overnight but reopened Saturday morning.
No injuries were reported from the incident. Investigators are still working to determine a cause of the fire.
Stay with 7News for updates
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Coronavirus In West Virginia: DHHR reports 15 new COVID-19 related deaths; 969 new positive cases
- Nurses at East Liverpool hospital end 3-day strike, union seeks pact
- Village of Bellaire law enforcement trust fund owed over $23,000
- Agreement between UK company DST and Blue Rock Manufacturing to bring new manufacturing facility, up to 1,000 new jobs to WV