WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – The Wheeling-Ohio County Health Department’s final covid update for 2020 featured more than 60 new cases.
Of those cases, 18 came from a long-term care facility, and another five from corrections. A local university added two more, but health officials did not specify which institution.
As Ohio County enters 2021, health officials have reported a total of 2,693 cases, as well as 43 covid-related deaths.
Free covid-19 testing resumes in Ohio County this upcoming Monday, January 4 (11AM – 4PM) at the following locations:
- Valley Grove Volunteer Fire Department, 355 Fire House Lane
- Wheeling Island Fire Station, Station 5, 11 North Wabash Street
- Upgraded ballistic vests approved for Jefferson County Special Response Team
- Local Ohio city ranked in top 15 best cities to retire in on a budget
- Benefit being held for local couple that lost everything in home explosion
- Drosselmeyer’s makes it Christmas every day in Steubenville
- Wheeling Symphony Orchestra prepares for their annual Symphony on Ice event