ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (WTRF) – Early bird Black Friday shoppers were lined up at the Ohio Valley Mall Friday before daybreak.
It’s become sort of a Thanksgiving tradition for many families and this year, the meal “sweetened” the deal.
Everybody rushes through the door and this year, we’re calling it a ‘Chocolate Rush.’ Because everybody got a candy bar, the first 200 in line did. And there’s a little number on each candy wrapper and that number corresponds to prizes where giving out — mall gift cards, gift certificates to some of the merchants here. Everyone’s a winner. But the top winner will get a $500 gift card.Joe Bell, Spokeman for the Ohio Valley Mall
Whether shoppers were looking for clothes, a TV or an air fryer, they found a lot of bargains, even before the sun came up.
The Ohio Valley Mall will remain open until 10:00 p.m.
- Clorox wipes won’t be fully restocked in stores until 2021, says CEO
- Big Ten releases football schedule; Ohio State to play Michigan Oct. 24
- WV soldier’s surprise return brings his family to tears
- Second stimulus checks: Sides hope to reach deal this week on package with $1,200 payments
- Columbus bars file lawsuit against Gov. DeWine, Ohio Liquor Control Commission