Belmont County, OH (WTRF) – A police chase in Belmont County lead to one person being taken to the hospital under guard.
Police say they pulled over a black Toyota near the Bellaire/ Shadyside area on route 7.
There were three subjects in the vehicle
Once officers were out during the stop the car dove off leading police on a high-speed chase.
During the chase officials say a Bellaire police cruiser received major damage but there was no injury to the officer.
Police were able to put down spike strips to stop the chase near the Moundsville bridge.
Once the drive was removed from the vehicle police say the driver stated he was on heroin and fentanyl.
The driver was taken to a local medical facility.
The two other occupants were taken into custody.
Police say the names of those involved will be released tomorrow morning.
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast
- September is national suicide prevention month; Do you know the warning signs?
- HHS secretary touts Trump’s health care plan while Democrats say there’s nothing in it
- ‘Ruth Bader Ginsburg changed our country and the world’
- Wellsburg Bridge halfway done; expected to be comple by 2022