Belmont County, OH (WTRF) – A police chase in Belmont County lead to one person being taken to the hospital under guard.
Police say they pulled over a black Toyota near the Bellaire/ Shadyside area on route 7.
There were three subjects in the vehicle
Once officers were out during the stop the car dove off leading police on a high-speed chase.
During the chase officials say a Bellaire police cruiser received major damage but there was no injury to the officer.
Police were able to put down spike strips to stop the chase near the Moundsville bridge.
Once the drive was removed from the vehicle police say the driver stated he was on heroin and fentanyl.
The driver was taken to a local medical facility.
The two other occupants were taken into custody.
Police say the names of those involved will be released tomorrow morning.
- Foggy start with dry Monday ahead
- Tonawanda community shaken after two people die in a crash involving six cars
- Linsly gets past Central in the state semifinal game
- Linsly falls in State Championship
- 2-time Daytona 500 champ Johnson ready for one final ride