MOUNDSVILLE, W.Va. (WTRF) – While an official announcement for the potential Belmont County Cracker plant still hangs in the balance, people nearby are suiting up as if it’s coming for sure.
The city is continuing its preparations and remains confident that the plant is on it’s way, which will result in a large economic boom for the area.
There are contractors on that site currently and they’re moving a lot of dirt. Something is happening over there for sure. We are growing. We broke ground early 2019 for a new five-story hotel. There’s a lot of prep work and excitement for potential growth in Moundsville and we are going to benefit greatly from the potential cracker plant across the river.Rick Healy, Moundsville City Manager
Healy is encouraging Moundsville residents to be patient and to expect increased traffic and construction as the plant will likely prompt the opening of new retail spaces and restaurants.
- Geno Smith makes first NFL start since 2017 in wild game vs. Steelers
- WVU tennis caps Martha Thorn Invitational
- No. 2 WVU rifle defeats No. 11 NC State to extend winning streak
- “Out of the Darkness Walk” raises suicide awareness in Wheeling
- Wheeling Park Cheerleaders hold “Coats and Coins” fundraiser