Wheeling W.Va. (WTRF) – The Wheeling Fire Department is looking to hire more firefighters.
These positions are made possible through a $7,000 grant the department just received.
Fire Chief Larry Helms says their goal is to fill these positions by the end of February because the grant takes effect in March.
He says now is the time to apply for anyone interested in being a firefighter or paramedic.
People who like to help other people — this is a good job for you. I tell everybody, it’s not the highest paying job around but it’s one of the most rewarding. So, if you have ever thought that you might be interested in being a firefighter or an EMS person, this is perfect for you.Chief Larry Helms, Wheeling Fire Department
They are hoping to start the hiring process as early as January.
An online application can be found on their website.
- History-making woman kicker invited to Biden inauguration
- NFL Conference Championship betting tips: Bet now or bet later?
- GOP Congresswoman on voting to impeach Trump: “I felt like I had to”
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting Guard troops in DC
- Man donates not one, but two stimulus checks to West Virginia foodbank