WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – January 1, 2020 marks the beginning of the Wheeling City User Fee that will fund a new public safety building.
Anyone who works within the city limits of Wheeling will now pay $2 each week for the next 20 to 25 years.
The public safety building will be the new headquarters for Wheeling Fire and Police Departments.
Wheeling City Council passed the user fee in August despite the public expressing disapproval of the new charge.
Mayor Glenn Elliott says employees in the City of Wheeling will benefit from the proposed public safety building.
- Local female wrestler has big goals
- Protestors Responding to The Death of George Floyd
- Free COVID-19 Testing will be held in Wheeling on Friday and Saturday
- West Virginia politicians, organizations release statements in response to death of George Floyd
- Looters, vandals destroy entire strip mall in Southern California