WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – In coordination with the West Virginia Lottery and the State of West Virginia, the Wheeling Island Hotel-Racetrack-Casino is acting to temporarily close the venue beginning at 6:00 a.m., March 18 until further notice.
The hotel will remain open for checkout through 11 a.m., Wednesday, March 18, to accommodate overnight guests. The casino will close to all guests at noon tomorrow. All activities are canceled, including casino promotions.
Wheeling Island Hotel-Racetrack-Casino will remain in close touch with state and county health officials and looks forward to reopening their property and continuing to provide a clean, safe environment.
- Kroger announces more than 1,500 immediate job openings
- New York man refuses to let son back in house after spring break trip amid coronavirus outbreak
- Florida pastor arrested, charged after leading packed services despite ‘safer-at-home’ order
- Bodies of 2 girls, parents found in rural West Virginia
- 11 veterans dead; several residents, staff exposed to COVID-19 at VA center