April showers certainly bring May flowers but they can also go from 0 to 100 quick.
That’s why it’s important to stay ahead of the game and secure all of your outdoor furniture and decor to help prevent property damage or physical injury by loose or flying objects.
7News spoke with an expert at Panhandle Cleaning and Restoration in South Wheeling about how to brace ourselves for storm season.
“The crazy thing here in Wheeling is the fact that it can be sunny here in south Wheeling and Elm Grove could be flooding extensively so it can happen just around the corner. It’s crazy,” said Josh Contraguerro, VP of Marketing, Panhandle.
Here’s Panhandle’s storm ready checklist:
- Secure or remove all umbrellas so they won’t go airborne.
- Put glass or shatterable items in a secure space.
- Check down spouts and gutters for debris.
- Check sewers and drains around house or near basements.
- In the event of flooding – don’t forget to remember varying contamination levels (NOT EVERYTHING IS SALVAGABLE). Certain bacteria from flooding or sewage can cause serious health risks. So, it’s best to purge the items or contact a professional cleaning service to properly sanitize.