WEST MONROE, La. (1/2/2020) — A 39-year-old West Monroe man is starting the new year behind bars. Deputies say it’s because he held a gun to the head of a child for taking his last Dr. Pepper.
On January 1, 2020, Deputies with the Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office say they were called to a home off LA 3033 for a domestic aggravated battery complaint.
When they arrived, deputies say they talked to a 9-year-old boy, who said his father, Chad Kinnaird, became angry with him for drinking the last Dr. Pepper back on December 28.
Deputies say Kinnaird had held a loaded .32 caliber handgun against the boy’s head. Kinnaird was mirandized by deputies, and he denied the allegations.
Kinnaird is charged with Violation of a Protective Order and Domestic Abuse Battery/Child Endangerment.
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- Many on a treasure hunt to find what’s open at The Highlands; shoppers left looking in windows
- Coronavirus in WV: Slight increase; active cases remain under 600
- Cameron’s Field of Flags honors veterans ahead of Memorial Day
- Birx: ‘Difficult to tell’ if country may need to close again