BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP) – Police in Kentucky have arrested three people who are accused of selling and buying a baby for $2,000.
News outlets report 31-year-old Maria Domingo-Perez of Bowling Green is accused of selling her child for adoption to 45-year-old Pascual Jose Manuel and 37-year-old Catarina Jose Felipe. Jail records didn’t indicate whether they were represented by a lawyer who could comment for them.
Bowling Green police said in a statement posted on Twitter that the department received information Monday from officials at an elementary school that a woman had given a child away.
Officer Ronnie Ward said the baby was born in October.
Police said the baby and Domingo Perez’s four other children are in protective custody.
- Linsly Downs Magnolia In OT
- Ohio AG urging Congress to reclassify fentanyl-related substances
- ‘Come here’: Family says they feel unsafe in home after someone hacked their Ring camera, yelled at them
- Colorado officer found drunk in patrol car while on duty keeps job, not charged with DUI
- Baby born at 12:12 on 12-12 during last full moon of the decade