It was a magical day for a family in Illinois.
Ash Stineman just turned 3-years-old–
A very big birthday for this little boy–
Considering doctors told his mom he wouldn’t make it to see his second birthday.
Clearly– he proved them wrong.
And hundreds of people from his community came out to celebrate with him– with a parade!
Little Nash has a rare neuromuscular disease known as ‘smard’–
Which causes muscular weakness and a sudden inability to breathe– and there’s no cure.
It also means he has a weak immune system and can’t be around a lot of people– so the parade was the perfect birthday party.
More than 100 trucks, jeeps and cars of all kinds drove down the family’s street.
Nash’s mom started her own nonprofit called ‘Smash Smard’– to find effective treatments for kids like Nash.
Since February, they’ve raised more than 2 million dollars.
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- DA: Man charged with kidnapping Amish woman feared ‘harmed’
- Marshall County Health Department offers free COVID-19 testing
- WV high school sports season pushed back; people react
- Drug Task Force arrest wanted Cleveland man living in Jefferson County