According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- Republicans say Democrats planning to pack the Supreme Court
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast
- Florida senator leading effort to limit SCOTUS justices while Democrat says court packing won’t happen
- Brighter skies and warm Thursday