Gobert’s actions on Monday have caused some concern among journalists who spoke with him during a media availability that day.
Professional sports leagues — including the NBA — have made their locker rooms off limits to the media. Instead, players are talking to reporters in a press room.
When Gobert was finished talking with reporters in the press room, he seemed to mock what was going on with the coronavirus. He started walking away, but then returned to the table and touched each microphone and recorder before he left.
It’s unclear how many people came in contact with the equipment after he left.
According to KTVX in Salt Lake City, members of the media who covered Gobert on Monday, were urged to reach out to the Utah Department of Health about any concerns they have about potential exposure.
- Waitress shot during domestic incident at Canton Bob Evans
- Woman says she drowned children to protect them
- Newsfeed Now: At least 9 people dead after shooting at Indianapolis FedEx facility; Pfizer CEO says 3rd COVID-19 shot possible
- Couple accused of filming porn on Myrtle Beach SkyWheel plead guilty to indecent exposure
- Brazilian COVID Variant Found In West Virginia