(WKBN and CNN) – Walmart is no longer selling “All Lives Matter” merchandise on its website.
The mega retailer received backlash for t-shirts that featured variations of the “Black Lives Matter” slogan, including “All Lives Matter,” “Blue Lives Matter,” “Irish Lives Matter,” and “Homeless Lives Matter.”
Walmart says they are being sold by third-party sellers on its website.
The retailer has since removed the “All Lives Matter” merchandise, but “Black Lives Matter” merchandise is still available.
According to USA Today, Walmart issued a statement saying that some people are using the phrase “All Lives Matter” to turn focus away from racial inequity.
“We fundamentally believe all lives do matter and every individual deserves respect,” Walmart said in a statement. “However, as we listened, we came to understand that the way some, but not all, people are using the phrase ‘All Lives Matter’ in the current environment intentionally minimized the focus on the painful reality of racial inequity.”WALMART CORP.
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- Mask mandate takes effect in 7 Ohio counties
- John Marshall, Cameron graduations to be broadcast Sunday
- Steelers fans to wear face coverings if fans are allowed in Heinz Field
- West Virginia Derby will be run without spectators