NEW YORK (AP) — ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS will set aside scheduled programming next week to cover the House’s first open impeachment hearings on President Trump.
The cable news networks CNN, Fox News Channel, MSNBC and CSPAN will also provide live coverage. The broadcast networks’ announcement Friday that they would televise the hearing, however, gives the event an extra measure of exposure and weight with the public.
The first hearing of the House intelligence committee’s hearing is scheduled for 10 a.m. Eastern on Wednesday, with the second on Friday at 11 a.m.
William Taylor, the U.S. diplomat in the Ukraine, is scheduled to testify Wednesday about the Trump administration’s efforts to tie U.S. military aid to that country in an agreement to investigate the president’s political rivals.
The impeachments will also be live streamed on the 7News Facebook page.
- Trump pushing for more transparency in health care costs
- Wheeling honors city’s first responders
- DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE- Black and Gold Digital Edition: Week 11
- Nine-year-old child genius to graduate university with electrical engineering degree
- Teens plead not guilty in death of woman at Hocking Hills State Park