Athlete-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick is now part of an Emmy-winning campaign.
The Nike ad he was in won an Emmy for outstanding commercial at the 2019 creative arts Emmy Awards.
The commercial – called “dream crazy” – features Kaepernick and other sports icons like LeBron James and Serena Williams.
They were all part of Nike’s 30th-anniversary commemoration of its “just do it” campaign.
Nike released the ad in September 20-18 – days before the start of the n-f-l season.
Kaepernick made headlines when he began kneeling during the national anthem before games as a protest for injustice.
- Dr. Fauci warns U.S. could see over 100,000 coronavirus-related deaths
- Checkpoints set up along Florida-Alabama border to keep COVID-19 from spreading in the sunshine state
- Ohio couple gets married via live stream after canceling wedding due to coronavirus
- WV DNR offers education on Eastern Box Turtles
- Trump working with Ohio gov. to get FDA approval on expansion of mask sterilization technology