WASHINGTON (WTRF) – House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi is hoping to give farmers a special Christmas present before the end of the year.
Pelosi recently announced that an agreement between Democrats and the Trump Administration has been reached.
So, we are in a good place. Like I say, I want this to be a template for future trade agreements.Nancy Pelosi, House Speaker
The deal now includes strict enforcement tools for labor and environmental standards, two issues that has held the deal up.
Some Republicans say a vote to pass the bill is long overdue.
Its been more than 400 days since President Trump announced this historic agreement, and Mexico and Canada have already given USMCA the green light. For farmers, ranchers, manufacturers and everyone in-between, we must follow suit.Glenn Thompson, U.S. Congressman, (R) Pennsylvania
Congress says the USMCA would give farmers some stability heading into 2020.
Each day that passes without a vote is a missed opportunity.Glenn Thompson, U.S. Congressman, (R) Pennsylvania
With 11 legislative days remaining in the year, Congress has a narrow window to complete a deal.
- Live coverage & analysis: Judiciary committee set to vote on impeachment after delay
- Psychic’ wanted for stealing $100K with promise to ‘bless,’ double victims’ cash
- Sobriety checkpoint in Ohio County
- Topeka will pay you $15k to move there
- Shoe Sensation in Moundsville hosts cookies with Santa event