WAXAHACHIE, Texas (AP) — Police say a 6-year-old boy who was the subject of an Amber Alert has been found dead along with his mother in a vehicle in a parking garage in Waxahachie, Texas.
Waxahachie police say in a statement that the body of Phillip Weidemann, whose father reported him missing earlier Friday, was found along with that of his mother, Candace Harbin, who was wanted for kidnapping him. The boy’s father, John Wiedemann, and Harbin were estranged.
Police say the cause of death and further details are not being released at this time.
Waxahachie is about 30 miles (48 kilometers) south of Dallas.
- Over 1,300 residents without power in Marshall County
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- Warmer temps brings local residents outdoors
- CSX: Train struck car in Ohio, killing car driver
- PTSD Bill could save lives of W.Va. first responders