Appearing to be encouraged by her followers on Instagram live, a young girl calls her dog over, picks him up and puts him in a clothes dryer.
Then with a scream, she turns the appliance on, clapping and howling with laughter until opening the door to let the dog out a few seconds later.
Maura Davies with the Spca of Texas said the video was brought to the organization’s attention over the weekend.
Within hours of someone sharing it on Twitter, it started to spread, with calls from viewers to find the girl in what they saw as a case of animal cruelty.
Because there are no charges at this time, and the girl appears to be a teenager, cbs11 has blurred her face and is not identifying her.
Texas animal cruelty law prohibits torture, defining it as anything that causes unjustifiable pain and suffering.
Criticism has also been directed at some of the teen’s followers during the live video, some of whom responded with laughter to what she was doing.
The post has been removed from Instagram.
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation in Carroll County
- More budget concerns at WV Capitol
- State Medical Board appreciates Working Group’s report, Strauss case review delayed
- SPECIAL REPORT: Search continues for missing Belmont Co. couple
- Apollo Pro continues ‘Attitude of Gratitude’ in Jefferson Co.